Friday, March 26, 2010

Behind the scenes....


Well this animation will never see the light of day other than here on my blog. It's what happens when I envision something one way and others have their way with it. I took my inspiration from the Kraft Suspense theater opening from years ago. This was going to be a show about a FBI profiler and the science of catching or profiling killers. Anyway, people were 'offended' by some of the graphics and subject matter. Even tho the show is going to carry a mature rating.
The funny part is at the station they are always talking about getting a new younger audience... well that ain't gonna happen until we quit showing reruns of Lawerence Welk. ha.

6 comments:

  1. That is just too cool, Tom. Such a shame they decided not to go with it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those station people are nuts. I think this is brilliant, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was cool. I don't see any objection either, unless it was the knifing scene that got to them. I dunno, beats me--you can imagine how frustrating it would be to work in Hollywood, though I'm sure it pays well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That was awesome! I can't understand not using it. The use of silhouettes to show the intro of the show was a perfect. When I first saw it, I thought of the opening to Land of the Giants, same style. I don't remember seeing Kraft Suspense Theater, so I viewed the opening on Youtube, and I see where you got the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone....some of this may make it into the show, but I am sure it won't be the focus like I envisioned it. Oh well, I learned some new software, and had some fun...guess that is the main thing in the grand scheme of things.
    thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was brilliant! I think that would definitely appeal to the target audience, but studios are so overly cautious these days. What new software did you use to create that? It looked like Flash or perhaps Toon Boom...

    ReplyDelete