Sunday, August 1, 2010

Time Marches On.....Production continues....

Well Jungle Pals, and of course you Loyal Legionnaires....I am posting a sneak peek at the first page of the KiGor short story for Moonstone...written by the great pulp/wordsmith Martin Powell. And of course art by yours truly. I know production on my end is always so slow, but I think I turned this page around in a goodly amount of time. I wish I could make a living at this so I could really produce pages on a timely basis. But Monday, and going back to the day job, comes tomorrow. And I am sure there are some piled up things to take care of on my desk at work.
Along with work things starting up again. I have to work on my speech for the Burroughs Society dinner. I actually thought I would work on it while driving to Texas, along with details of the first issue of Captain Spectre. Well, it seems the older I get the less I can do two things at one time. When I drive it seems anymore, all I can do is drive. Bad roads and Bad Drivers tend to worry me a bit more than they used too. I had a couple close calls on the trip, probably because of cell phone use on the part of others. Hell, I took books on disc with me, and didn't listen to a one of them. ha. I am getting old it seems.
So my list of things grows.
Speech for Burroughs Society dinner.
Getting files for Tarzan and Mucker prints to the printer. And covering the cost.
Working on KiGor sequential pages.
Finishing touches on all the KiGor widevision pieces.
Finish writing the Captain Spectre first issue.
So stay tuned Legionnaires.....as this is a strange time of year for me. I used to get into a funk this time of year, then someone pointed out to me that it was the 3rd of August in the year 1971 that I found myself at Fort Polk Louisiana at 3:30 in the morning standing in my underwear as a Sargent searched thru my personal item for things like knives, drugs, and things. Then about 5 a.m. I found myself guarding a wooden bridge, that went nowhere I could find. The start of an short stint in the US Army. Funny how it still effects me to this day. It always reminds me of those great lines in the movie 'the Best years of our Lives' when Virginia Mayo tells Dana Andrews, 'well just get over it, the war is over.' I wish it was so very simple.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome first page, pal.

    By the way, the new title of this KI-GOR story is "Cannibal Devils of the Green Hell."

    Sound pulpy enough?

    MP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ki-Gor is in trouble. Is she a vampire/lamia/succubus?

    "Cannibal Devils of the Green Hell" definitely makes with the pulpyness and is a great title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, the page reminds me of the old Warren Publications titles, very CREEPY. You got me wanting MORE!

    I guess it's time to give up eating and sleeping, if you want the time to catch up. Wait until you retire, then you will really get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the treehouse. I think you need an assistant. Now I see why some of those old guys in comics had them. I don't know how you do what you do, and do it so well.

    ReplyDelete