Saturday, January 5, 2013

Trying for more updates!

Well, Loyal Legionnaires, I am trying to post more updates....well you know more often is what I mean. Not that I want to bog you down with tons of stuff.  So we have a couple of pieces. 

This first piece is kind of an experiment.  I wanted to try and use more solid blacks on a figure and a bit less feathering and shading. I think is kind of ok..... I am not to comfortable using it yet, but will try some more ways to shade.  This one is kind of from a really rough sketch I did ages ago. I always liked the Tarzan figure so thought I would give it a workover.  Kind of practice for a secret project that I will let everyone in on when I can.  ha. 
This second piece is yet another illustration for the KiGor 'War of the Beast Men' that I am working on.  There will be ten illos in all. I think this is number six or seven, I forget. Anyway it is showing Helene's fighting skills.  I always felt she was one of the toughest pulp heroines around, and I really have fun drawing her.  There should be a pulp story cross over between Helene and Nita Van Sloan from the Spider novels.....now I would read that one right off the rack! 

Well Legionnaires, I do hope you have a great new year!!!! and hope you had a great holiday!  Let's clink our glasses to a great New Year!!! and thanks for looking in. 

tom

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Tom.

    Your Tarzan piece, it looks to me, a little too much solid black. But, then again, I am comparing it to your past art. I know it is an experiment, so I thought I would give my comment. As for the art, awesome!

    Your Helena art...WOW! What a Gal! Beautiful and strong. An amazing piece!

    I really hope we have a better year, we need it! Cheers! Take care, my friend!


    Lloyd, Loyal Legionnaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Lloyd, i was feeling the same way about the shift between light and total blacks on that piece. oh well, again just a try at something a bit new. Figure i will just stay that what works for me. ha. thanks for your comments for sure.....and i too hope both of us have a much better year than the last one!!! thanks pal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used the negative space in that Tarzan one, the other very nice too. Your style has gotten very clean over the years.

    ReplyDelete