Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Heading into 2014…...

Well here i am with my head hung low….. as i venture into 2014.

2013 wasn't the greatest year i have ever had, as i am sure if you look over some of the posts will tell you.  I am still stricken by the loss of my best friend, Chopper.  The toll the medicines are taking on my mind and body, and of course the failing of my nerves, joints, muscles etc.

I won't really go into any of the details, just know that i am NOT involved with the Tarzan - Jungle Tales book that will be coming out in 2014.  Some things happened with the deadline and i just couldn't produce the quality of art that i wanted to produce in the timeframe allowed.  Maybe if i didn't have a 40+ hours a week day job, and a page of Carson of Venus to pencil, ink, and letter each week maybe i could have made it.  i was sad to have to let Tarzan go like that, but i just couldn't think of putting out sub par work for that character.  So here are a couple of the 'pages' i had worked on for my part. And i hope you can see what i was planning on doing here.  Pushing it. The more time you have with art the better it gets, with this type of stuff.


So anyway, i can only seem to hope to hold down my day job, and the weekly Carson of Venus strip over at Edgar Rice Burroughs™ site.  

Of the Carson of Venus strip has reached a milestone for sure….. we have ended the first novel 'Pirates of Venus' in the strip and jump into the next novel of the five book series 'Lost on Venus'.  the Carson Napier novels have been a bit special to me since i was a kid.  They were my favorites behind the Tarzan novels in thrills for me.

Here is a extra special sneak at week 31 of the Carson of Venus™ series we are doing.  As we flash back to 1930s in LA at a ERB book signing/release of Pirates of Venus.  Also showing the psychic link between ERB and Carson Napier as the story builds.


Well again i can't promise updates more often, but again i will try.  This new year, i would like for my health to stabilize more, so i could produce more work….. and by work i mean CAPTAIN SPECTRE!!!  I have come to realize i am not much good to anyone but myself and Captain Spectre. So other than the day job, Carson and the Captain…..i am all alone here.  

thanks to my Loyal Legionnaires…..and you know who you are!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Tom!

    It is so good to see you back! 2013 was a bad year, and all we can do is hope it gets better this year.

    Your Tarzan art is awesome! You still keep getting better, which is amazing!

    I always look forward to the Carson of Venus strip each week. I get my weekly dose of your art and then I can make it through until my next does. Not Captain Spectre, but it will do until you can get back to him.

    A couple of months back, I lost my hard drive, so I am re-downloading your art. I get to re-discover it all over again, and it is so enjoyable to, just amazing!

    I hope to see more of you this year, so I will be here every week looking for your update. I too, hope your health gets stable this year. I'm alway thinking and worrying about you, my friend.

    Take care,
    Lloyd, Loyal Legionnaire...Always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loyal Legionnaire Lloyd!!!! Hey i promised an update….ha. Sorry it wasn't a better one, hopefully yes this new year will be better for updates, art, and all!!! take care.

      Delete
  2. You're never alone, pal, although I know it may often feel that way. I'm just a phone call away, if you need anything. Looking forward to more adventures on Venus with you.

    ReplyDelete