Sunday, August 7, 2011

Forging ahead, as always...



As always during the week I produce tons more drawings than I post....it would be nuts to post them all. But I do like to pick a couple of warm up drawings from time to time. So that is what you see above. These of course are just drawings that end up with no thought process other than something snaps in the old brain and I sketch it out. Sometimes it is as I am working on a problem or a pose or something. You can never tell what the results will be.


Here is a bit of a teaser. I posted the title treatment before, now comes the ideas that are behind that title. I like doing these little teases for stories. So thought I would show this one off. Interested yet? ha.


Also knocked out this commission for an author of his character John Sterling. I needed to ink something today as I was getting rusty for lack of inking. Had trouble with deciding what to do as far as the pose, but think it came off well once I got going on it.


Also let me post that I am having a solo show at the Waterworks gallery in Salisbury N.C. coming soon. I hope I get to go to the opening. And I owe this show to my good friend Irene. So tune into their website, also managed by her for all the details. Waterworks Visual Art Gallery

2 comments:

  1. More neat sketches, it seems your art has gotten more volume or mass to them, that's about the only way I can think of to describe them. The Capt. Spectre sketch hints at perhaps a Civil War tale with the sword and pants he's wearing and the title. The fourth picture makes me want to know more about that creation. Good luck on the gallery show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, some more great art, I can't get enough!

    Good luck on the show, it sounds like a great honor to me.

    Lloyd, Loyal Legionnaire

    ReplyDelete