Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nov 13 update...

Well folks, and of course Loyal Legionnaires from all over, it seems I just can't keep up. I have a couple of additions to throw at you so here goes.

The first are the finished pencils for a piece produced for the project 'Number 13'. An ERBurroughs adventure published in 1913, adapted by Martin Powell. Number 13 is the original name of 'the Monster men'. We are going to use the original tales' name to try to keep things straight.
This is a piece that I roughed out, sized up in photoshop and fixed a couple of things, then lightly printed out onto board, then I finished the pencils on the printed board. It is a great way to get things composed and organized on the page before committing to highly finished pencils or even inks.


The second piece is the finished cover design to 'PreFlight' which is taking over, kind of cutting in line in front of the promised 'Solo Flight' issue of Captain Spectre. Again the reason for this juggling of issues is that 'PreFlight' will be a short tale, and easier for me to get to. It will be an introductory tale to Captain Spectre....kind of setting the stage. But it isn't an origin story. It will have a taste of an origin to let new readers know who, what, why, and all that of the Captain Spectre story. But nothing long and drawn out. I have posted this before, but it didn't have the cover treatment done to it. 


And if you want to know a bit more I will post this below the actual good stuff up top. The reason I haven't posted much, is I haven't been able to get much done. I have had many bad days lately and things just aren't moving along at a decent pace. I hate it, and I hate even writing about it. I feel like I am whining, and have never been know to whine much about myself, just about my day job and stupid things. ha. Anyway I will continue to post the medical stuff below the art so as you Loyal Legionnaires pass over the art, you can ignore the last paragraph of my posts. Here's to better days and more art which leads to more posts. 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic art as always. I hope you'll find relief in your health problems and the time to do what you enjoy doing: drawing and storytelling. I'm always amazed at what you turn out these days, and that you are able to do it with all the other things going on in your life daily, no less that your art gets better with every sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, I sure do appreciate the kind words alot, and appreciate you taking the time to look in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome art! You never disappoint me, and always seem to out do your last art!

    Tom, when you don't post, I get worried about you. I NEVER think you whine! I DO want to know what is going on. Take care, and I hoping you FINALLY get some relief!

    Lloyd, Loyal Legionnaire

    ReplyDelete